Tuesday, March 23, 2010

So close...

Hey everyone!! It's officially spring!! YAY!!!!!

In honor of spring arriving, I have a very spring like project to share with you today!!
On this project I used 2 of the Magistical Memories New Releases... the fence and the heart tree! LOVE these!!!!

This was my altered project for the So You Think You Can Scrap contest.... 2 votes... that's all i needed... but alas, I came in second place. Honestly, i'm still as pleased as punch about it... I didn't expect to even get that far in it! I am so thrilled for Melissa Mann who won... and for Stephanie Hart who came in 3rd... all were amazing projects!! Thank you to those who supported me thru the contest and voted for me in this final round! :)




I chose to create a little house for my altered project. I began with a Creative Imaginations House minibook. I took 2 of the chipboard pages, cut off the chimney and used this for the front and back sides of the house. The rest of the house is made from scraps of chipboard, and is my own design!

In order to create a real 3 dimentional project, I adhered the house to another piece of chipboard and created a front yard to go with it! Magistical Memories chipboard was used for the fence and that adorable tree, and I used a Prima vine and some mini roses to complete the look!

I painted the fence white and wove some vines amongst it. The tree was painted with 2 shades of glimmer mist and layered over some patterned papers.

I'll be ordering me a bunch more of those fences! Just way too cute!!

Thanks for stopping by!!

and HAPPY SCRAPPIN'!!

And don't forget to get your sketch LO completed for the Magistical Memories March sketch challenge!! You could win some fun chipboard yourself!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Your project is stunning...just love all the sweet little details!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:07 PM

    omg this is amazing! i love love love it :-) so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg...what a total piece of eye candy!! I love the roof and it's trim...it's all amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I deeply appreciate each and every one of you!