Thursday, January 20, 2011

Spellbinders Warmups...

With my challenge for Spellbinders Design team Round 2 being a card, I had to dig deep... REALLY deep and find my inner cardmaker! And guess what... I did!! I created several cards and had SUCH a hard time deciding which one to send in!! So I decided to create just one more... and that one was the winner in my mind! It was my absolute favorite... it represented my style of work perfectly and i feel it was "THE ONE". I am completely comfortable with it and feel that if I do not make it thru to the next round then I'm ok with that... (if I HAVE to be) because this card is some of my best. So... it's been sent and the waiting begins!! Feb 4th we find out who makes it to the final round! It's going to KILL me to wait! LOL!
So... I thought I'd share with you a couple of the other cards that I created while finding my inner cardmaker. I am not able to share my submitted card until the team has been announced.

HELLO
This first card was my warm up card! :) It is the first one I made during this process. It is simple but I just love the colors!
Supplies: Basic Grey Papers and chipboard, Jenni Bowlin shaped paper, Zva pearls, MME Chipboard alpha, Ranger perfect pearls, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Helmar Acid Free Glue, Helmar 450 Quick dry

YOU ARE
This is actually the second card I made using this design. I'm still not 100% happy with it. I think it's the yellow... Not sure...
But I really had fun with this design! I absolutely love Martha Stewarts AROUND THE PAGE punches! But how much easier would this card have been with a SPELLBINDERS die?
I love the swirlies around the circle on this card! I seen Tracy Taylor do something like this one time and was excited to adapt it to suit my card! Isn't it fun? It is actually the same punch used for the border... but trimmed off and rounded around and under the circle! Too cool!
It's hard to tell in this photo, but this card has lots of dimension! It is popped up using Helmar's Zapdots... both the large circle and the center "you are" parts! There is also some distressed stickles around the edges to give this a little bit of distressed sparkle! :)

Supplies: Pink Paislee PP, Unity Stamps, Martha Stewart punches, Fiskars circle punches, Color Box ink, Ranger distress ink, Ranger stickles, Helmar Acid Free Glue, Helmar Zap dots

THANK YOU
I think this is my favorite of the three. It's so simply beautiful. So elegant... so much of everything I love! I was leaning towards sending in this one to Spellbinders... but once I created the last one, I fell in love with it even more! :)
Supplies: MME and Scrap within Reach PP, MME Diecut, Jenni Bowlin pins, Pink Paislee artesian shape, Scenic route chipboard, Martha Stewart butterfly punch, Ranger inks and perfect pearls, ribbon, Helmar Acid free glue, Helmar Zapdots

Thanks for stopping by!
Until next time...
Happy Scrapping!

7 comments:

  1. Hey Tina! Great job with the cards. It's so funny, cause my Round 2 project had to be a scrap page and I had to stretch myself much like you did. Your work as a scrapper is AMAZING and I think you transitioned to cards very well! Good luck to you and yep, now we WAIT! Ugh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think these are all wondeful,so I can't wait to see the one you sent in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If the one you sent in is better than these, then you should be a shoe-in! :) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're all beautiful Tina, but my fav is the first one. Love the design and the colours. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are simply outstanding. And my favourite is the second one! lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards and I'm anxiously awaiting news on who goes to round 3 on the SB team :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I deeply appreciate each and every one of you!