Wednesday, February 03, 2016

Be Awesome: Keeping it simple

Hello all! What a week last week was! Wow!! On the road every single day! I don't do well with that... Home life is too busy to be on the road each day! That being said, I have been getting some creating done, but not getting to share it! So I'm here today to share a layout that I created with you. Just for me. YEAH!!!
This page was designed with white space in mind. The focus was the photo. A small black and white photo of my daughter before her dance competition a couple of years ago.

To accent the photo, I first added some watercolour paint behind where the image would go. I used some green, teal and purple. The color inspiration came from the floral die cut! Worked perfectly! And while the diet had gold tracing the design, I decided to pull that into my design as well... in the title as well as in the chipboard frame.



To accent the photo, I layered up a chipboard frame and some wash tape along with a few simple embellishments. Nothing fancy or overdone... really really simple. But yet i absolutely love the effect. And of course a nice swirly title finishes it off perfectly! :)
Thanks for stopping by! I have a process video in the works for a Bible journaling page... again, being on the road so much takes away my video editing time. ;) So stay tuned for that to come hopefully later this week!!
Here's the supply list for today's project!

Supplies:
Card Stock: Spellbinders Whirl White yardstick
Watercolour Paints: Artists Loft (Michaels)
Wash Tape: Blitzy
Title: Jen Hadfield for Pebbles Puffy Phrase Stickers
Embellishments: Fancy Pants chalkboard tags, MME Metal clip, Dear Lizzy Diecut flower: Crate Paper Citrus Bliss Sticker, and frame

Thanks again for stopping by!
Until next time... Happy Creating!

2 comments:

  1. What a stunning page.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Becky! Thanks for visiting and taking the time to leave some love! :)

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! I deeply appreciate each and every one of you!